Friday, July 07, 2006

Another Non-Qualified Buyer won't Learn

As I've said many times within and outside this blog, a buyer must be, at minimum, pre-approved for a loan before looking at houses. I got a call from one of my online ads to look at a house. I asked the questions I ask all prospects that call. The difference is, this buyer got irate that I was asking questions. I calmly told her that if she was a serious buyer wanting to actually buy a house and not just look at houses, that she should have no problem getting approved for a loan to make sure we're in the right price range and to know the specifics of the type of loan as that information is needed when writing an offer.

She also pointed out that she had called several other listing agents to view homes and they all let her right into the house. Why had non of these other agents asked her any questions? Why have non of these other agents secured her as a buyer to work with her exclusively? Easy answer....

Because she's NOT a serious buyer! If you're going to be a serious buyer in today's market, you must present yourself as a serious buyer! Serious buyers are approved for loans and work with only one Realtor so that one Realtor can work for them to secure the best deal possible for them. Non serious buyers walk into open houses not working with a Realtor and most non serious buyers spend their time calling the listing agents off the signs as they drive neighborhoods.

Heads up: Only Approved buyers get in my car! I am not a chauffeur and I'm not a tour guide! I am a Real Estate Consultant, a REALTOR, and I help serious buyers purchase the homes of their dreams!

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute you for making a stand to only represent "qualified buyers". Maybe you could post how it is from OUR side of the fence.....the cash buyer who has to wade through the bevy of inexperienced, uneducated, tell them what they want to hear; so called Realtors. I've recently retired and am searching cities in several states to locate "my last house". It is AMAZING how many people call themselves Realtors and are clueless....or worse. When you don't have a referral from someone to work with and walk into a real estate company's office, you get "who's on duty" and, my from my experience, who's on duty shouldn't be answering the phone; much less trying to service a serious cash buyer!

Here are just a few examples:
1. New Mexico - after giving the "realtor" my information, specific requirements for quality construction, and specs; we are off to see what she claimed was "a 10 out of 10" on the quality scale. Within five minutes I had no doubt this was not even close to what I communicated to her. The craftmanship, materials, and style were closer to a "2 out of 10" and I demonstrated by watching a marble roll across the out of level "hardwood" floor.
2. Then, on to Texas, where I inquired if the agent was a CBA. She simply ignored the question and moved on to talk about how "Hot" the market was and how I should "get in" before it went through the roof...yadda....yadda....yadda. Fortunately, the Texas Real Estate Commission provides the consumer with an easy, online opportunity to search for an agent's qualifications. I quickly learned why my question was ignored.....she wasn't even a licensed realtor!

I could go on and on but I hope the point has been made.

Buyer's Beware! and qualify the realtor......

Thanks for the opportunity to share

 

Post a Comment

<< Home