Friday, July 28, 2006

National Night Out

I just wanted to remind everyone about National Night Out on August 1. It's coming up pretty quick. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and create new friendships. I've only been in my neighborhood for about 10 months, so I'm definitely looking forward to meeting new people. We had already closed on the house during last year's event, but we were not brave enough to chance running into the sellers of our house as they were not nice people.

I really want to make friends with my neighbors across the street as they're putting in a new pool! We've passed pleasantries with a wave and smile, but not real talking. Also, listings are popping up right and left around me, and my name is not on any of those signs. Even a friend of my husband's moved in one street over and "forgot" that I was a Realtor so he called the listing agent to buy the house.

If we get a certain amount of people to show up, we get to keep the Crime Water signs within the community. All that's asked of us is to bring canned goods and something to share. My street has been assigned "Cold Bottled Water." I guess they needed to put "cold" so people wouldn't assume they could bring it straight from their garage and expect ice to be available. This is just another opportunity to market myself and hand out my branded water so people don't forget about me!

Everyone should be safe and have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home