Friday, January 18, 2008

Jason Garrett stays with the Cowboys

Jason Garrett helped the Cowboys break several records and after interviewing and being offered Head Coaching job elsewhere, decided to remain with the Cowboys as the Assistant Head Coach.

This position comes at a price of about $3.5 million! Almost as much as the Head Coach.

Personally, I really like Jason Garrett. I loved him when he played for the Cowboys. I hated it when Jason got the Cowboys through the Playoffs and then they allowed Aikman to play the final game. Yes, Aikman was the starter and he was coming back from an injury, but he was out for a lot of games, and Jason deserved to play. I was very disappointed when he left the Cowboys.

I was very excited when he returned. However, to go after a Head Coaching job after just 3 years in a coaching position is a little premature. I think he needs a little more experience before taking on that job.

He did say that he definitely wants to be a Head Coach at some time, but that his home is in Dallas for now. Good choice, Jason!

Here's more on the story.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home