Friday, March 16, 2007

Texas- 2006 Profiles for Buyers and Sellers

NAR (National Association of REALTORSĀ®) has their own number saying 79% of buyers use the internet when looking for a home. However, Texas has done their own research. The 2006 Profile of Texas Homebuyers and Sellers has some astonishing numbers.

According to the profile, 94% of Buyers were using the internet to look for properties. That's a huge difference from the National number! 25% of Buyers were using the internet to get information about a particular area. This is where Localism will come in more handy in my market. I'm still waiting for the grass to turn green before I enter more photos.

Here's something interesting. There are still agents that think all they need to do it enter a property in the MLS and it'll sell, as 10% of Sellers said that's all their agent did. On the flip side, 77% of Sellers said their agent provided more services throughout the selling process. I wonder what happened to the remaining 13%??

Overall, I guess I would conclude that the Texas Buyer is above the curve with using the Internet for their home searches! It's a good thing I jumped on this bandwagon long ago!

If you're a Buyer and/or Seller, and you're reading my Blog, congratualations on putting the newspaper down and saving some gas from driving around neighborhoods aimlessly. Remember, I work all of North Dallas County and Collin County including Richardson, Plano, Allen, Frisco, Carrollton, Garland, Rowlett, McKinney, etc... my car will take us anywhere you need to go!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home