Thursday, July 19, 2007

Email or Phone?? What do Internet Consumers Want?

I received an internet lead in October of 2005. It turned out that the owner had just bought the house a couple of months earlier, in August. I grunted a little, but sent him some information anyway because you just never know. I sent him listings on a monthly basis and also had him on an automatic drip campaign for once a month contact.


Some time in 2006, he emails me asking me to update his email address. Why not.... I guess that means he's looking at the emails and listings, so I updated his information.

In May, I received an email saying he wanted to meet with him because they were thinking about selling. He travels a lot so several appointments were canceled and rescheduled. Honestly, I thought he was a flake. He then suggested that I meet with his wife since his schedule is so busy. I tell him that I don't like meeting with just one spouce and that we should just meet the next time he's back in town. Reluctantly, I ended up meeting with the wife without him.
While talking with the wife, I learn that they're being relocated and will be moving July 14. What?? That's in 3 weeks!! I leave her my market information and tell her to call/email me with any questions or concerns. I received an email from the husband later that day thanking me for meeting with his wife and he appreciated some of the suggestions I had made and they were going to buy paint that night.

Two weeks ago by and I don't hear from them. On Sunday, I emailed him asking when I could come over to have him sign the paperwork and get a key from him so I could list it. He emails me back saying Thursday morning. I ASSUMED THE LISTING AND IT WORKED!!

I got there this morning and we spoke. He signed the listing agreement and such, and I put a sign in the yard. Then, I had to stand there and say, "I know we've been doing a lot of emailing back and forth, but can I have a contact phone number for you, especially since you're leaving the state?" We both chuckled and he thought it was funny that we had never spoken before this morning.

So, my question to everyone is, do you think the phone is really that important, or are you more like me where email is your main form of communication with your clients and potential prospects?
Remember, I work all of North Dallas County and Collin County including Richardson, Plano, Allen, Frisco, Carrollton, Garland, Rowlett, McKinney, etc... my car will take us anywhere you need to go!!

ARE YOU PACKED YET?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! I am gonna share it with my own blog readers at jason.landbrokr.com ! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home