Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dallas Real Estate - ReKey After Closing

After you close on a house, you need to change your locks. You don't actually have to change the hardware as rekeying a lock is much cheaper, but you never know who has copies of the keys. If the previous owners didn't change their locks, you could have people from years earlier that still have keys. There are housekeepers, service technicians, babysitters, dog sitters, etc... That's so dangerous!

There have been many times when I've gone to pick up keys for the buyers and the sellers are like, there are only 3 keys there, but I know I had 4 so I'll get that to you when I find it. I'm like, don't worry, the buyers will be changing the locks. They always look at me with a blank stare, almost like, why in the world would they change the locks?

Hello people!! Crime rates are up, not down!! You don't want that college kid coming home on a break and just checking to see if his key stll works. You don't want an ex-wife or ex-husband of the previous owners trying the key at 2 in the morning because they're drunk...

Common sense says to change the locks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home